- Competition image must be submitted by the photographer who originally captured the image.
- Images must be of actual clients in the context of their wedding, engagement session, bridal session, or portrait session. Images taken at workshops, seminars, or conventions may not be used and will be disqualified if submitted.
- Image must have no identifying watermarks. Exif data is allowed, just nothing visible, to insure judge impartiality.
- Each WPS member (aspiring or pro) is allowed one image per category. Re-submissions are allowed however only the last submitted image will be judged.
- Each image may be entered into only one category.
- Images may be resubmitted to the next contest if submitted photograph does not receive points in a previous competition.
Each entry is $2. There is no charge to re-submit a new image into a category you had previously submitted to.
- 800px on the longest side
- Finished off for viewing on a calibrated LCD monitor
- sRGB color space
- For the PJ category, only light color/exposure, dodging & burning allowed.
- All other categories are artistically unlimited
- Judging will be performed after the image deadline and, once judging is complete, the images will be posted in a private WPS forum for viewing. Winners will have a watermarked version showing the WPS "Award" for recognition on our blog. We will happily make a copy of that photo available to you upon request.
- Any image not meeting the above specifications may be disqualified from the competition.
Q4 2012 Judges: (*lead judge - **judge in waiting)
Competition Administrator - Brian Mullins
* If a photographers image is known by a judge prior to the competition judging, and deemed by that judge to "place" (for points) in a category, that judge will defer the judging of that category alone to the backup judge. This will help keep an impartial panel and provide a mechanism to defer the competition scoring to an impartial entity.
By submitting an image into the WPS image competition, you agree you are the photographer who originally captured the image and current copyright holder. You also agree to allow the WPS and it's board members post your image on the WPS website/forum/blog for viewing & judging. You agree the WPS can use your image on the WPS website to announce the competition winners.
SUBMIT YOUR IMAGE HERE
Images in this category may not be setup, directed, or prompted by the photographer. Minor Photoshop enhancements such as cropping, levels, curves, white balance adjustments are allowed. Color or B/W only. The lead judge will move the image to the appropriate category of he/she deems the image is setup, directed, or if excessive Photoshop enhancements are utilized.
These images have no restrictions on Photoshop enhancements. Textures, layers, heavy vignetting, vintage tones, are allowed. Portraits are also allowed in this category. In other words...go crazy! The lead judge will have the authority to move the image to the appropriate category if he/she deems the image does not fall within the category.
For every client, they each have their own unique sense of style. Be it at a wedding, a portrait, engagement or just "fun" shoot. Show us the best examples of fashion & fashion photography.
We all strive to find "that" moment for each client. Again, it can be at a wedding, a portrait, senior or other shoot. Any image that truly captures a unique moment in time and tells its own story is eligible in this category.
This one is for weddings specifically - show us your coolest, funniest, most heartfelt or other really awesome exit photo!
PRIZES & POINTS
Points will accrued throughout the year from each quarterly competition. The overall winner at the end of the year will be recognized and named the WPS Photographer of the year! This title comes with a nifty trophy (seriously, this thing is awesome!), speaking opportunities for WPS events (and possibly others) and a key to the executive washroom (don't mind the barnyard animals we keep in there).
Please post any questions in a separate topic in this forum
Click here to view the article
WPS Image Competition
No replies to this topic